See and Learn Saying Later Words Kit
(£54.00 including VAT where applicable)
See and Learn Saying Later Words is designed to help children with Down syndrome to develop clear speech. It may also be helpful for other children with similar speech difficulties.
See and Learn Saying Later Words supports simple activities that encourage the imitation and repetition of spoken words. It includes activities to practise six sets of one or two syllable words beginning with sounds (sh, th, s, z, l, and j) that typically develop following those introduced in See and Learn Saying More Words.
See and Learn Saying Later Words can help parents, teachers and therapists support regular speech practice. Research suggests that practice and repetition are necessary to develop clearer speech.
See and Learn Saying Later Words is the fifth step in See and Learn Speech.
See and Learn Saying Later Words features three activities:
- Learning to Say Words - using picture prompt cards and speechreading cues to encourage first attempts at saying words
- Practising Saying Words - using sets of picture prompt cards in games to encourage more complete word production
- Rehearsing Saying Words - multiple repetitions of specific words to improve the clarity and consistency of word production
Children can start the activities in See and Learn Saying Later Words when they:
- can produce at least some of the consonants - sh, th, s, z, l, or j
- can produce simple combinations of these consonants and a vowel - for example, laa and shoe
We recommend that young children practice these activities as soon as they meet these criteria. However, the activities are also suitable for older children who need additional practice to improve their speech clarity.
- UK English
The See and Learn Saying Later Words kit includes:
- A full colour guide, including step-by-step instructions
- A records booklet for recording progress
- 52 laminated colour word prompt cards
- 5 laminated colour repetition counting cards
Component parts can also be ordered separately:
- See and Learn Saying Later Words Guide
- See and Learn Saying Later Words Records
- See and Learn Saying Later Words Word Cards
For further information, please visit the See and Learn web site.